- Specific interaction: major grrove and alpha helix.
- Nonspecific interaction
- Hydrogen bonding
- Electrostatic interaction
The whole plasmid should be 6.5 kb.
The top uncut lane is nicked, and the bottom uncut lane is supercoilded.
Originally plasmids from the bacteria are all supercoiled. But during the preparation, the plasmids get nicked by enzyme.
- A. It will become negatively supercoiled
- B. It will become positively supercoiled
- C. Its topology will not change
- D. It will no longer be cccDNA
A-form DNA -> more compact -> #bp/turn increase -> Lk decrease -> negatively supercoiled
A-form DNA :11 bp/turn
B-form DNA: 10.5 bp/turn
Twist decrease --> writhe increase --> positively supercoiled
DAXX is helping compact.